For athletes between the ages of 12 – 18 who are interested in paddling at the highest level the sport of dragon boat racing has to offer. This program is designed to compete at the highest international level and will aim to peak at the 2020 Club Crew World Championships in France. This program is looking for motivated athletes (regardless of paddling experience) that are willing to grow and evolve into the best paddlers and athletes they have ever been.
- To have a full program consisting of 20+ men and 20+ women
- To compete at the 2020 Canadian Championships in Welland, Ontario
- To instill physical, technical and psychological excellence in our athletes towards their future performances
- To attract athletes who would like to go on the journey of a lifetime
- To reach peak performance at the 2020 Club Crew World Championships in France
New for 2020
In hopes to achieve year long commitment and training from our paddlers, we have opened registration for every program available for the entire 2019/2020 season! Paddlers can now register for all programming that they wish to take part in, all at the same time and receive discounted pricing. Paddlers will receive 5% off if they register for 3 programs, 10% off for 4 programs, 15% off for 5 programs, and 20% off for registering for all 6 programs with PDBC.
2019-2020 Season Plan
Paddle Ergometer Training
At Alkame Paddlezone (1050 Brock Rd, unit 20, Pickering)
First Practice: Sunday, November 3rd, 2019
Last Practice: Sunday, January 12th, 2020
Day & Time: Junior Women – Sundays, 4:00-6:00pm, Junior Men – Sundays, 5:00-7:00pm
Cost: Local Fee $200.00, Distance Fee $140.00
Alkame Paddle Zone - Membership
All athletes will receive a full weight training and cardio program, designed by our on-site personal trainers, as part of our 2019/2020 season. The Paddle Zone membership allows athletes access to all gym facilities and equipment for a 6-month period.
Dates: November 1st, 2019 – April 30th, 2020.
*Does not include the cost of group training or personal training.
*Members are welcome to train at Paddle Zone 24hrs/day, 7 days a week, except for during Team Training Sessions. Please see the Paddle Zone schedule for details.
At Afterburn Fitness (230 Nantucket Ave, Scarborough)
First practice: Sunday, January 19th, 2019
Last practice: Sunday, April 5th, 2020
Day & Time: Sundays, 5:10pm - 6:10pm
Cost: Local Fee $220.00, Distance Fee $160.00
*Distance pricing is only for members who live outside of the GTA and cannot attend more than 60% of practices.
Spring Training Week in Tampa, Florida
A 6-day, intensive training camp to kick-start your 2020 on-water season, which will include both dragon boat and outrigger practices.
Dates: Competitive week is April 12th – 17th, 2020. Athletes should be prepared to travel on April 11th & April 18th, 2020.
Location: Chase Suites, 3075 North Rocky Point Drive, Tampa, Florida
- Two paddle sessions daily at 8:00am and 4:00pm
- 2 outrigger practices and 7 dragon boat practices
- Both an outrigger regatta and a dragon boat regatta on the final day
- 1 afternoon off and a group social Friday night
- 2 video review sessions per athlete
Cost: $400.00 (Does not include travel or accommodations).
Due to the nature and cost involved with this event, all athletes must be registered prior to February 1st, 2020.
First Practice: Wednesday, April 22nd, 2020
Last Practice: Wednesday, October 14th, 2020
Mondays 6:30 – 8:30pm
Wednesdays 6:30 – 8:30pm
Sundays 10:00am – 12:00pm
- Pickering Festival, June 6th & 7th, 2020
- Hamilton Waterfest, July 4th & 5th, 2020
- Guelph Dragon Boat Challenge, August 8th, 2020
OC Rentals & Coaching
12-week OC training program designed specifically for Junior athletes. 10:1 athlete to coach ratio.
Begins May 24th and ends August 16th, 2020.
Day & Time: Sundays, 12:00-2:00pm
Cost: Full Program (OC Rental & Coaching) $400.00, Coaching Only (OC Owners) $180.00
2020 Important Dates:
Sunday, December 8th, 2019 – PDBC Testing
Saturday, March 28th, 2020 – PDBC Testing
Saturday, March 28th, 2020 – PDBC Kick-Off Meeting
Saturday, October 17th, 2020 – PDBC Banquet
- Winners of the U18 banner at the 2019 Canadian National Championship
- 2x Gold Medalist, 3x Silver Medalist at the 2018 CCWC in Szeged, Hungary
- Winners of the U18 banner at the 2018 Canadian National Championship
- Silver at the 2017 Canadian National Championship
- 9 medals at the 2006 CCWC in Toronto
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org